Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pajero Mod 1.0

Monday evening, when got in my car going back home, I suddenly got the itch to modify the car a lil.

It is annoying that there is no USB port at least for charging:



So I decided to add USB port for charging, and while I'm at it, but some blue LEDs :)

I first removed the passenger drawer


and got access to all the wire-mess inside, yay!





Air Bag!!







anyway, I started with the LED for door,
the LED is super bright and is rated for 80mA, the supply is 12v
R = V/I = 12/0.08 = 150 ohm

I soldered 150 ohm directly to the LED and tried to make the assembly in similar form-factor as the original bulb, the result:


amazing, now to my USB charger, the circuit is like:





and I added hot glue to make sure no short circuit happens

Then fixed the LED to place:



awesome!
and the USB:



now I can charge my phone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment