Saturday, December 3, 2011

Masafi Water-Air C-Engine Rocket

Playing with air pressure rockets is really awesome, I used to take on of these Masafi bottles, but water hose in (tight fit), pump water -> after sometime, the air pressure inside will be high enough that you can't hold it anymore, then point up and release and BOOOOM

That what happen with one bottle, so what about a whole rocket??

so, I set to make a rocket, which currently is a big fail because I did not have a proper air sealing material,,,

concept of one bottle, first pressurize then release (click to enlarg)


When I connected two, the leak happened as shown

The concept of the Multi-Masafi Water-Air Rocket (cross section showing 2 of the six C-Engine Cylinder :P) and yea, C for Circular, and "strobe" should be "straw"


The pictures above does not show the actual bottle size, below it does (okay, to some extent, excuse my hand skills on MS Paint)

It also shows the expected aerodynamic behavior (the rocket is going up)

  

well, if it failed/drifted etc am gonna add a cone/rocket case to remove the effect of the straws / bottle shape





I collected bottles


drilled the holes



assembled with duct tape and glue gun:








The problem is that glue gun does not withstand air pressure and fails, I'll continue this when I have what I need, till that time, this rocket which looks like one of Yuri's buildings (Red Alert) will stay on the wall


No comments:

Post a Comment